Gelato is a full service visual effects vendor for film and broadcast television. Please contact us if you require a service that isn't specifically listed here.
- Concept art
- Look Development
- On set supervision
- Asset acquisition
- Set Extension
- Rig Removal
- Matte Painting
- Beauty Work
Gelato Visual Effects uses the latest in performance capture technology to provide an affordable motion capture solution for your project. Traditional motion capture uses an optical system to capture the performance of the artist. You have probably seen this style of motion capture before - think of the spandex bodysuits with little spheres on them - this is traditional optical based capture. This is typically a very expensive process as it requires many high resolution cameras and is restricted to a small capture volume - an area covered by those cameras. Our system, however, is sensor based and is not constrained by a volume. Depending on the scenario we can either stream the data wirelessly or capture to a small device that fits on a standard belt.
- 60fps motion capture using 31 sensors (with finger movement)
- 60fps motion capture using 32 sensors (with finger movement and a prop - i.e. a sword)
- 120fps motion capture using 17 sensors (without finger movement)
- 120fps motion capture using 18 sensors (without finger movement and a prop - i.e. a sword)
- Delivery in an FBX format for import into the majority of 3D applications
- Portable system - capture anywhere.
- No spandex or lycra involved - our suit is nonrestrictive and low profile so performers will not feel self conscious.
- Resolution: 60fps or 120fps at 0.02 degrees.
- Angular Velocity: ± 2,000 degrees per second.
At Gelato we specialise in 3D Scanning. With over 7 years of experience with the tools, development of our workflow, our own in house scripts and support programs we take 3D scanning to the next level. We scan objects from a few centimetres in size to a several kilometres in size! A job which features 3D scanning may seem daunting but we're here guide you through the technical and artistic stages of the process. We'll take the project from pre-production all the way to final render and everything else inbetween.
How are we different?
There are quite a few 3D scanning companies out there, so why should you choose us? Most companies specialise in digital humans. That's great! But that means they are limited to the custom capture volume that they have built for capturing digital humans, this is usually an area around 3m x 3m x 3m. This means that they are really good at scanning objects the size and shape of a person, they couldn't scan a mountain. But we can.
Yes! A mountain, or even a larger area. The largest dataset we've processed so far was 500 million polygons, 1.47 billion colours at 128k resolution (HDTV is a little under 2k resolution)
- Visual Effects
- Virtual Reality
- 3D Printing
- 360 Video
- Fly throughs
- Complex lighting, simulation and weather changes in full motion video
- Video Games
- Advertising and Branding
- Music Videos