Gelato Visual Effects uses the latest in performance capture technology to provide an affordable motion capture solution for your project. Traditional motion capture uses an optical system to capture the performance of the artist. You have probably seen this style of motion capture before - think of the spandex bodysuits with little spheres on them - this is traditional optical based capture. This is typically a very expensive process as it requires many high resolution cameras and is restricted to a small capture volume - an area covered by those cameras. Our system, however, is sensor based and is not constrained by a volume. Depending on the scenario we can either stream the data wirelessly or capture to a small device that fits on a standard belt.
- 60fps motion capture using 31 sensors (with finger movement)
- 60fps motion capture using 32 sensors (with finger movement and a prop - i.e. a sword)
- 120fps motion capture using 17 sensors (without finger movement)
- 120fps motion capture using 18 sensors (without finger movement and a prop - i.e. a sword)
- Delivery in an FBX format for import into the majority of 3D applications
- Portable system - capture anywhere.
- No spandex or lycra involved - our suit is nonrestrictive and low profile so performers will not feel self conscious.
- Resolution: 60fps or 120fps at 0.02 degrees.
- Angular Velocity: ± 2,000 degrees per second.